3.02.2011

In love with {Dexter}

I am a little behind the times getting on board with this show. This brutal Minnesota winter has lead to a lot more TV watching than usual. We started from the beginning, and just wrapped up season 2 last night. Note to self: no more Dexter before bed, it results in some weird dreams.

The inspiration for this post came from these posters by Ty Mattson. I've been a fan of his work for a while, and it made me curious to see what other Dexter inspired art was out there. As it turns out, a lot. Most of it is a little too bloody for my tastes... but I did have a few favorite finds as well as some related items I've had my eye on.

1) How cute is this tiny blood spatter cross stitch pendant by Heist Jewelry??? Yep, cute and blood splatter in the same sentence, I just did it. Looks like it's not available in the shop, but there's some other good stuff.
2) The cook (not the serial killer) in me loves these earrings by Treasured Charms.
3) The whole series of these AMAZING posters are available for sale on the Showtime website.
4) The opening title sequence for Dexter is genius, and always makes me crave blood oranges. Behold, the blood orange morgue-a-rita! Too clever.
5) There's a lot of great details in Dexter's apartment, we particularly love the bookshelf. Check out the whole set design by Brandy Alexander.
6) I've always wanted one of these vintage ring hands... and when I finally find the perfect one, it will have a whole new meaning to me.
7) And back to blood oranges, I've had my eye on this roasted beet & blood orange salad for awhile. From one of my favorite food sites, 101 Cookbooks by Heidi Swanson.

Okay, that's all for now. Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment