4.04.2011

The Collage Wall


My home office is a place where I spend a whole lot of time. Designing, sorting vintage, drawing, painting, crafting and lots of internetting. I have put a lot of work into making it an inspiring (albeit messy) work space. I painted it aqua when we moved in and it was the first room where we hung art. This is my favorite wall in the house. A place where some things that haven't been out of boxes in years finally get to shine.


I love collage walls. I probably own enough art work and other miscellaneous to do this to all of my walls, but that would be overkill. (Don't think I haven't considered it). While I've had others in previous homes, this one is particularly special. My little sister helped me put it together and it turned out exactly how I had pictured it in my head.
This is a great way to breathe new life into stuff that may not stand on it's own, and showcase smaller things that go together. It can be a bit intimidating to put that many nails into the wall, so make sure you lay it out before you starting hanging. You can do this on the floor, computer, or have someone helping that can hold stuff up for you to preview.
Well, back to work. Have a fabulous Monday! ❤

1 comment:

  1. Can you please come to my house and make it prettier? Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete